Suicide Bereavement UK’s 10th International FACE 2 FACE Conference.
Title: ‘Suicide Bereavement: Thinking out of the Box!’
Venue: Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester. M1 4PH
Date: 23rd September 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 4.30 pm (GMT)
Cost: £140 + VAT
Suicide Bereavement UK and Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust are collaborating for the 10th year running to host Suicide Bereavement UK’s international conference.
This event will be a FACE 2 FACE conference.
Speakers and 5 workshops are now confirmed and brief details are noted below. The conference flyer will be available soon and will provide full details.
- Pete Johnson – The Silent Discovery – Pete talks about losing his mother to suicide when he was 15 months old.
- Nikki Jamieson (Australia) – When Right is Wronged : Understanding the Moral Trauma of Service and Implications for the Armed Forces and Beyond.
- Dr Sharon McDonnell – Tattoos: The Artistic and Emotional Expression of Loss Amongst Those Bereaved by Suicide.
- Band 5 & 6 – Live performance by Northern Ireland Ambulance Service
- Chris Paul (Germany) – Guilt and Blame: An Attempt to Reconstruct Meaning and Establish Continuing Bonds
- Dr Jeff Hanna – Responding to the Psychosocial Support Needs of People Bereaved by Suicide in Later Life: An Exploratory Study.
Workshops: (YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO CHOOSE ONE WORKSHOP)
- Workshop 2 – Andrea Walraven-Thissen (Suicide Bereavement UK) – The Double Impact of the Pandemic on Those Bereaved or Affected by Suicide.
- Workshop 3 – Jon Salmon (Speakers Collective) – Lessons Learnt From Speaking Out.
- Workshop 4 – Mike Armiger (4 Mental Health Ltd) – Safety Planning and Staying Safe.
- Workshop 5 – Jenny Berry (Performance Poet and Educator) – The Great Escape: Working With Vulnerable Societies Often Missed.
We expect high demand.
Cost of conference – £140 + VAT
If the face 2 face conference is cancelled due to restrictions, we will revert to an on-line conference and your booking will be automatically transferred and we will offer you a partial refund as the cost will be cheaper. Alternatively, if preferred, a full refund will be offered.
Are you able to sponsor a place at the conference?
Suicide Bereavement UK sponsor places to the conference, for those who otherwise would be unable to attend. However, demand is high and we are reaching out to the general public to see if anyone could help.
Cost of adopting place: £140
For more information contact Paul Higham
The conference venue is the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester. M1 4PH
Conference Delegate’s Bed & Breakfast Rates per night (10% discount on the best available rate of the day at time of booking)
Delegates must call reservations on 0844 815 9024 – Option 1 and quote ‘SUBE230921’ to book their bedrooms.