Date: 18th November 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 1.30 pm (GMT)
Cost: £45 + VAT
The National Suicide Bereavement Report will be launched at this event
18 Speakers and five workshops will cover:
- The launch of the National Suicide Bereavement Study (involving over 7,000 participants)
- Personal experiences of being bereaved by suicide
- Looking at an international window of opportunity
- The memorial quilt stitched by people bereaved by suicide in Greater Manchester
- The importance of signposting after a death by suicide
- The experiences of ambulance staff responding to suicide and bereaved families
- Emergency Service Postvention Response (ESPR) research, which has informed ESPR training (the first of its kind internationally)
- The importance of working with nightmares to help reduce suicide risk
- Who cares for the carer?
- The potential role of pharmacists in suicide prevention
- Helping to reduce suicide in young people
- Suicide in universities: is data protection costing lives?
Are you able to sponsor a place at the conference?
Suicide Bereavement UK sponsor places to the conference, for those who otherwise would be unable to attend. However, demand is high and we are reaching out to the general public to see if anyone could help.
For more information or to register contact Paul Higham