Maria is an experienced Analyst, Business Consultant, Project/Programme Manager, trainer and keynote speaker. She also has an interest in diagramming, and has published in this field. She is a dedicated Public Servant, having worked for Salford City Council for over 16 years. Maria has been personally bereaved by suicide.
She is currently leading a Salford CCG supported research project gathering people’s personal experiences of being suicidal and experiencing loss from suicide in Salford. This in-depth study seeks to advance understanding of the challenges and experiences people have faced, to help inform and improve services in this field, within the city.
Maria currently sits on the Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Advisory Group. She has also taken part in the public consultation for the Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Strategy and Action Plan.
- 2000 BSc: 1st Class (Hons) Business Information Systems (University of Salford)
- Consultant to Salford Clinical Commissioning Group
- Member of the Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Advisory Board
Read more about Maria
- Presented her experience of being personally bereaved by suicide to Salford Clinical Commissioning Group in the form of a timeline and ‘rich picture’ which led to her involvement in the development of Salford’s Suicide Strategy and Action Plan (her recommendation to provide a specific suicide bereavement support service within the city was actioned and the service has been developed)
- Has helped to inform the development of the Postvention Pathway for Greater Manchester – a multi-agency pathway for the Rapid Response Team led by the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital