Maria is an experienced analyst, business consultant, project/programme manager, trainer and keynote speaker. She also has an interest in diagramming, and has published in this field. She is a dedicated public servant; currently a North West Regional Health and Wellbeing Manager for Public Health England where she contributes to improving the wellbeing of the region’s population. She previously worked for Salford City Council and Salford Clinical Commissioning Group for over 18 years.
Maria has been personally bereaved by suicide.
She led a Salford CCG-supported research project gathering people’s personal experiences of being suicidal and experiencing loss from suicide in Salford. This in-depth study advanced understanding of the challenges and experiences people faced, to help inform and improve services in this field within the city.
Maria currently sits on the Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Advisory Group. She has also taken part in the public consultation for the Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Strategy and Action Plan.
- 2000 BSc: 1st Class (Hons) Business Information Systems (University of Salford)
Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Advisory Board (Member)
Greater Manchester Suicide Prevention Strategy and Action Plan (Contributor)
Read more about Maria
- Presented her experience of being personally bereaved by suicide to Salford Clinical Commissioning Group in the form of a timeline and ‘rich picture’ which led to her involvement in the development of Salford’s Suicide Strategy and Action Plan. Her recommendation to provide a specific suicide bereavement support service within the city was actioned and the service has since been developed
- Has helped to inform the development of the Postvention Pathway for Greater Manchester – a multi-agency pathway for the Rapid Response Team led by the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Media, invited speaking and broadcasting:
- Guest – Granada TV 6pm News (Sept 2019)
- Speaker – Greater Manchester Suicide Vigil alongside the Head of Suicide Prevention at Manchester University and the City Mayor (Sept 2019)
- Guest speaker – Suicide Training Course, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (Oct 2018 & June 2019)
- Speaker – HMRC Suicide Event, sharing her personal story & supporting creation of the first ever suicide event by HMRC (May 2019)
- Speaker and Panel Member – KPMG Men’s Mental Health Event alongside Danny Sculthorpe, Premier League Rugby Player (Nov 2018)
- Filmed a video of her personal experience for the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group – shown on social media with more than 8K views (Aug 2018)
- Keynote speaker – Greater Manchester Mental Health Conference, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (July 2018