Aim of the training:
Information about Postvention Assisting those Bereaved By Suicide (PABBS) training:
- one day highly interactive workshop (which includes video clips and 62 manual for future reference);
- a copy of 4 publications directly associated with PABBS training
- delivered by two trainers, who have considerable experience working with those bereaved by suicide;
- there is no role-play during the training; and
- lunch and refreshments are provided.
About the research which informed PABBS training:
• Dr. Sharon McDonnell led the research project and the design of PABBS
• PABBS training is evidence-based, evaluated and first of its kind internationally.
Four publications associated with PABBS training:
4. Ambulance staff experience in responding to a (suspected) suicide and the bereaved family:
Key documents where PABBS training or research are referenced:
- NICE, 2018 - publication associated with PABBS study (Foggin, McDonnell et al 2016) is cited as evidence in NICE guidelines. Dr. Sharon McDonnell also provides an expert testimony, including recommendations in this document (pg 69) (BUTTOM)
- PHE , 2016 - PABBS suicide bereavement training is referred to in a document published by Public Health England and NHS Health Education England which lists suicide prevention training (pg 46)
PABBS suicide bereavement training will help to address key objectives in the following key documents:
- Government, national and local suicide prevention strategies;
- NHS, 2019 - NHS Long Term Plan (2019) (BUTTON)
- NHS Health Education England, 2019 - NHS Staff and Learners Mental Wellbeing Commission (2019)
- NICE, 2018 - NICE Suicide Prevention Guidelines in Community and Custodial Settings (2018) etc
Nb: If the training event is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions, a full refund OR a change of date will be offered in return.
For more information or to register contact:
Want to sign up to our mailing list?
If you would like to be kept up to date with Suicide Bereavement UK’s training events and annual conference, please sign up to our mailing list, by emailing: email@example.com - you can unsubscribe at any time