The House of Commons Health Committee published their interim report on suicide prevention, which outlined five key areas for the Government to consider, prior to the revised suicide prevention strategy being finalised. The key areas are noted below.
- Improving implementation through strong leadership, clear accountability and improving transparency and scrutiny;
- Improving support for people most vulnerable to the risk of suicide;
- Raising awareness of the information Sharing and Suicide Prevention Consensus Statement;
- Improving national data; and
- Improving the response to media report of suicide.
Access the report here https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmhealth/300/300.pdf